Saturday, February 16, 2008

Green Smoothie Leftover Day!


Hello Green Smoothie Makers,

Today is one of those days that I was all excited about getting over to the farmers market to get some fresh greens to make my green smoothie. The morning ended up getting away from me starting with a 7:15am conference call on blogging which certainly inspired me to write this entry today.

So the farmers market will have to wait until Wednesday and I'll just have to use up some of the awesome greens and fruits I already have in the fridge this morning to make my green smoothie.

I'll call it the Left over Green Smoothie!

I always seem to end up with a few leafs of kale here or a partial bunch of spinach there that sits in my fridge for a day or two. You know the little bits of greens that I couldn't fit in my blender yesterday or the day before. I can usually fit a whole head of lettuce or bunch of spinach into my super power 3 horse power blender but sometimes there is just a little left.

Today my leftover ingredients were as follows:


About one quarter of a head of Napa Cabbage

Three leaves of dark green Dino Kale

Three small bunches of Spinach

One crisp Pink Lady apple

One big old banana

Because of the power of my monster blender I don't peel, or seed any of the fruit I use so the apple seeds and skin get blended right up with the rest of it. The nutrient value of skins and seeds is something I don't want to miss. I haven't used banana peel yet cause it is just too darn bitter and I like a tasty smoothie.

All these left over goodies blended with 12 ounces of clean clear H20 made for a delicious green smoothie that will give me all kinds of mental clarity and energy for the day I have ahead of me.

If you are brand new to the idea of drinking green smoothies, please get started! You will love what happens to your mind and body by getting such amazing nutrition. You can learn all about how to make them, the best blenders to use, and why you would want to drink them at a site I put together here: www.TheGreenSmoothie.com

Green Smoothies are simple, delicious, fun for the whole family and will change your life and health in ways you may not have imagined possible.

Enjoy!

RJ



No comments: